Here Team Heads Together can find a range of resources that can be used for fundraising in the lead up to the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon. Below you can also find training & fundraising tips.
Training Day Toolkit
At the Heads Together Training Day, we provided runners with this toolkit, full with lots of information on campaigning, telling your story to the local media and how to change the conversation in your local community.
You can download this toolkit here.
We have put together a runner pack for the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon. Inside you will find lots of information about preparation, fundraising and training.
All Heads Together runners should have received a runner pack in the post, it can also be downloaded here.
Toolkit to tell your story in the media
Inside the Media Toolkit for Heads Together runners you can find information on telling your marathon story to start conversations on mental health and help your fundraising, along with tips for media interviews and contacting your local media.
To download your media pack, click here.
Leaflet for events
This official Heads Together leaflet can be used as promotional material for fundraising events.
If you are running in the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon and would like to download this leaflet, please click here.
If you are holding a fundraising event this poster can be used as promotional material.
If you are running in the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon and would like to download this poster, please click here.
For all offline fundraising for Heads Together please use this form to record your sponsorship, that way we can claim Gift Aid on your behalf.
You can download the sponsorship form here.
Whether you are new to running or a seasoned marathon expert, the right training is essential in getting the most out of the London Marathon. From getting started to advice on pacing; from hill-running skills to motivation and recovery tips, the training advice pages on the Virgin Money London Marathon website are indispensable in your preparation for the big day.
Get Ahead With Fundraising
Online fundraising makes donating money easy so build a Virgin Money Giving page now. Follow the instructions on the website and share your unique web address with your supporters. An invaluable tool, your online page is the first step to maximising your fundraising.
- Send an email to everyone in your address book. Simple. Most donations happen on a Monday morning, so Sunday evening is a great time to ask.
- Don’t be embarrassed to ask –it’s for charity.
- Fundraise positively – let people know they have an amazing opportunity to help others.
- Ask for a donation on payday.
Want some more fundraising tips? Have a look at Virgin Money Giving’s fundraising ideas.
Heads Together and your chosen partner charity are on hand to support you every step of the way, so look out for the following events and communications to help you reach the finishing line:
- Regular Heads Together emails and newsletters filled with news and updates on the campaign, and ongoing support for your training and fundraising.
- Fundraising materials from both Heads Together and your chosen partner charity to help you reach your target.
- Details on what materials you can order from your chosen charity will be available in your pack which will be sent once you sign up to run for Heads Together.
- Your Heads Together running vest, which you will receive in January.
- Invites to exclusive Heads Together events, including a training day and post-race reception.