The voice for young people’s mental health and wellbeing
Nearly 850,000 children and young people have a clinically significant mental health problem in the UK.
YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity championing the wellbeing and mental health of children and young people. Driven by their experience, YoungMinds creates change so that children and young people can cope with adversities, find help when needed and succeed in life.
“I never thought I would have people who relate to me. Until I found out about YoungMinds…they gave me a voice and spoke about things that were on my mind. I am so grateful that a charity like yours exists, willing to help young people like me.”
Testimonial from 17 year-old girl
Children and young people with mental health problems are at the heart of the work of YoungMinds. They provide practical help and expert knowledge to professionals, parents and young people, and this work includes:
- A free Parents’ Helpline – 0808 802 5544, a lifeline to thousands of parents and carers each year
- Making mental health information accessible – both online, through e-newsletters and a wide range of publications
- HeadMeds – an innovative website with down-to-earth information on mental health medication
- Expert training, resources and consultancy – giving knowledge and confidence to those working with children and young people
- YoungMinds’ young activists – working with professionals and policy makers on a local and national level
- Working to change attitudes and policies – campaigning and raising awareness for the past 21 years
To find out more about running for YoungMinds, please contact [email protected]